A pre-1900’s windmill on a farm in Western Iowa. Photographed in 2017 near Treynor, Iowa.
While traveling on a gravel road, I happened upon this rustic windmill on a local farm in Southwest Iowa. Although I cannot identify the manufacturer’s name on the windmill’s tail, it has been confirmed by a local expert that this is an “open-gear” windmill dating back to the pre-1900’s.
Note Card Information
- Black border on the front
- Includes envelope
- Includes 5×7 Protec Clos Crystal Clear Quality Bag
- Photo card is 4″ x 6″ (Window opening 5-5/8″ x 3-5/8″)
- Finished photo card size is 5″ x 7″
- Photo cards are made from recycled textured card stock and printed with a soybean-based ink.